At its discretion the Society may list here positions available in New Zealand, positions wanted, and internships wanted in New Zealand. Small listings are free for members and subscribing organisations, larger listings may incur a fee (contact the Society administrator). Below the jobs listing, there is a list of employment agencies (updated October 2012) that have had hydrology related positions available in the past.
When requesting jobs information be advertised, the following details are required:
- Position available or position wanted or internship wanted
- Contact person and contact details
- Location of position
- Closing date if applicable
- Brief description (<50 words)
Email the information to the Society administrator.
Senior Water and Coastal Resources Officer
Gisborne District Council are working together with our communities to make our aspirations happen. Tairawhiti is the first place to see the light and we’re working to transform our region to be the first choice for people and lifestyle, the first place for environment, economy and culture. We’re looking for an innovative professional to join our team now.
Do you have a passion for sustainable freshwater and coastal resources management?
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Environmental and Science Services Team. This team manages a wide range of non-regulatory projects and will provide plenty of opportunities and a variety of work. You will be working with a young and energetic team. This role will undertake science and research, provide technical expertise to inform policy development and implement rules in the fields of freshwater and coastal management.
You will need a relevant degree and at least five years of work experience is desirable in sustainable water and coastal resource management, water quality or a related field. You must have excellent communication, project management and negotiation skills and have a good ability to build relationships with tangata whenua, farmers, foresters and communities.
Applicants will be highly motivated team players who are well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality results.
Please visit our website or contact Paul Murphy for further information.
Applications Close: 10am, Tuesday 6 June 2017.
www.gdc.govt.nz| PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 | PHONE 06 867 2049
Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. With over 70 years of experience and a global footprint across Americas and Asia Pacific, we provide our clients a range of innovative and integrated services across a variety of industries.
Our Petone Water and Environment Group is an integrated environmental services consultant to a wide range of clients working on infrastructure, waste and environmental projects, both for private and public entities. We have a number of medium and large-scale environmental projects and sites currently in operation across the country.
We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Environmental Scientist for a 12 month maternity leave cover (which may potentially lead to a permanent role).
Key responsibilities include:
· Undertake desktop research and data analysis including hydrological assessments in urban and rural environments to be able to inform and advice clients and peers.
· Collaborate with various stakeholders and clients to manage and deliver a range of environmental projects on time and within budget.
· Lead, mentor and guide junior staff.
· Prepare high quality technical reports and reviews.
· Write and cost proposals which demonstrate a clear understanding of client needs and industry best practice.
Full-time, part-time or flexible hours are negotiable.
· A collaborative and fun team environment.
· Employee Recognition and Reward program.
· Financial and Corporate offers.
You are a self-motivated character looking to impact and drive the business, having demonstrated the following:
· Relevant Tertiary qualifications along with 7+ years' demonstrated skills and experience in environmental assessments.
· Hydrology and hydraulic modelling skills.
· Complementary environmental disciplines such as water quality, hydrogeology, contaminated land, ecology, environmental engineering, flood risk assessment and management, assessment of environmental effects etc. will be viewed favourably.
· A client service focus with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you are a lateral thinker, thrive on a challenge and ready to make a difference on major projects within the New Zealand market, then apply now!
As a global business we offer the potential for travel, and outstanding training and development opportunities. We offer a work/life balance and an established recognition and rewards program.
Reference Number: NZ/7001/1182
To apply, visit here.
Employment Agencies that may have hydrology related positions
- Fusionz - Royal Society of NZ job search service- science & tech vacancies within NZ
- Technical Futures - NZ jobs
- CRS Recruit Ltd. - Engineering and technical recruitment in NZ
- Acorva - Technical Recruitment. New Zealand
- Careerjet.co.nz - NZ jobs
- Environment Jobs - Environment & Water sector, Australia and NZ
- Careerjet.co.nz - NZ jobs
- Rob Law Max Recruitment
- Australian Hydrographers Association - job/careers listing
- KFR Pty Ltd - Australia
- Principal Consulting Group (Australia)
- Water jobs Australia
- Job Top - UK Job Search Engine
- Jobs in Ireland
- New Scientist
- New Civil Engineer
- Water People
- Aquatech Recruitment
- Prospects UK
- Eden Recruitment
- Principal Hydrology
- Fast Stream
- Thomas Telford Recruitment
- The Guardian
- Environment Agency
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Environmental jobs and volunteering UK
- British Hydrological Society
- Water Jobs UK
- Environmental Jobs
Job Listings (2)
National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training
NCGRT PhD Research Opportunities - Expressions of Interest
The National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training (NCGRT) is currently seeking exceptional candidates for a mimited number of PhD research opportunities available throughout Australia Bringing together Australia's top federal and state water management and researc agencise and 12 Australian universtities, the Centre is recognised as Australis's laeding goundwater research and training institution.
We are now recruiting the best minds who are passionate about undertaking a PhD and becoming part of the next generation of groundwater specialists. You will conduct innovative research addressing the most pressing contemporary issues in groundwater science, NCGRT affiliated research, giving you access to the full range of expertise accross tis unique partnership. There are 20+ Groundwater projects.
The closing date for Expressions of Interest has been extended to Thursday 1st September.
Civil Engineer, Stormwater, Christchurch
The Opportunity: Due to on-going growth, we are looking for a stormwater-focused civil engineer to join our Christchurch Water team. Working in a well-respected team of stormwater and water resources specialists, your work will range from catchment planning and options assessment, to detailed design and construction management. Our clients span Canterbury and around New Zealand, across the local government, transportation, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors.
About: You are an intermediate or senior level civil engineer, with 4 – 10 years' sound technical experience. This may include hydrology, hydraulics of pipe and open channel networks, catchment planning, water quality treatment, and flood risk assessment, as well as civil engineering design. You'll take accountability of your work with a track record of on-time and on-budget delivery. You'll be a team player who enjoys working as part of a talented and diverse team. You'll also need to have the ability to build strong relationships with clients, based on understanding their needs as well as maintaining their trust and confidence in our performance, ultimately leading to continuing work and repeat business. Project management or site experience would also be welcomed. You will ideally be chartered or working toward CPEng status.
In addition to this, you will ideally possess the following attributes:
• Ability to communicate positively with clients, management and other staff
• Excellent job delivery skills including experience in work planning and financial management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can review and evaluate your own work for accuracy and the work of others
• The desire to contribute on a range of stormwater, civil and water projects
• Enthusiasm and enjoy working as part of a high performing team
Why Beca? As a valued Beca employee, you will enjoy many benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration and potential for shareholding
• On-going career development including encouragement and support to attain / maintain professional registration (e.g. CPEng)
• The chance to contribute to some of the most interesting and complex water projects across New Zealand and internationally
• The opportunity to be guided by a more experienced colleague through the Beca Mentoring Programme
Apply: People are vital to our business and our clients. Therefore, you can expect a world of opportunity. For a confidential conversation, call Steve Scannell (Recruitment Partner) on 04 901 2394, or simply apply today!
Consultancies who are likely to have hydrology related positions.
- Aqualinc Research Ltd
- GNS Science
- Golder Associates (NZ) Ltd
- Irricon Resource Solutions Ltd
- Lincoln Agritech Ltd
- OPUS International Consultants
- Pattle Delamore Partners Ltd
- Riley Consultants
- Sinclair Knight Merz
- SMEC New Zealand Ltd
- Tonkin and Taylor
- URS New Zealand
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.