At its discretion the Society may list here positions available in New Zealand, positions wanted, and internships wanted in New Zealand. Small listings are free for members and subscribing organisations, larger listings may incur a fee (contact the Society administrator). Below the jobs listing, there is a list of employment agencies (updated October 2012) that have had hydrology related positions available in the past.
When requesting jobs information be advertised, the following details are required:
- Position available or position wanted or internship wanted
- Contact person and contact details
- Location of position
- Closing date if applicable
- Brief description (<50 words)
Email the information to the Society administrator.
Environmental Systems and Data Analyst
Regulatory Department - Environmental Science & Monitoring - Environmental Monitoring
5.00 pm 23 October 2018
Full time - Permanent
Marlborough District Council is investing in Marlborough’s future by striving to provide the people of Marlborough with a great quality of life and a healthy natural environment.
Do you want to become part of a committed team that has great values? Do you have an interest in the natural environment and, more especially, a strong interest in hydrology and environmental monitoring? Then Marlborough District Council has an exciting new role that will interest you.
As the Environmental Systems and Data Analyst you will play a vital role in monitoring data systems to make data digitally available in accordance with the National Environmental Monitoring Standards.
You will be responsible for the coordination, development, and continuous improvement of environmental policy, data standards and procedures. You will also be responsible for the design and implementation of data quality procedures and techniques for environmental data.
For this role you will require:
- A tertiary qualification in information management, resource management, relevant science discipline, or relevant experience.
- A high degree of computer literacy including programming, configuration, and management of software and databases.
- Considerable relevant experience in monitoring systems, information systems, information communication and quality assurance systems
- A high level of project management experience
- Sound knowledge of environmental issues in the region.
- Hydrotel Telemetry Software
- Hilltop Time Series Management Software
- LAWA Website.
Advanced knowledge of the following tools will be preferred:
You will also be a strong team player with excellent time management skills. You will have strong fault finding and problem-solving skills.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 23 October 2018.
Applications should be made online via the careers section of Marlborough District Council’s website where you will find full information on the vacancy and how to apply.
For further information you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Environmental Scientist
- Palmerston North leadership role
- Progressive and innovative organisation
- Live, work and play in the Manawatū!
Horizons Regional Council has one of the largest environmental monitoring networks in the country – and we need a new manager to lead it. Our area stretches from Ruapehu in the north to Horowhenua in the south and from Whanganui across to the Tararua, encompassing a range of very large river catchments including the Manawatū, Rangitikei and Whanganui Rivers. At Horizons we’re committed to being a good employer and offering challenging, but satisfying roles such as this.
As Manager of the Environmental Data team at Horizons, you'll lead a team of twenty specialists in the collection and management of data relating to our natural resources, hydrological services and survey. The data collected from around 180 locations in the Horizons' region informs a range of internal and external customers and feeds into the strategic priorities of the organisation.
In addition, your team provide timely and accurate hydrological advice and have a lead role in synchronising and implementing the delivery of a resilient, 24/7, future-proofed environmental monitoring network that is consistent with organisational requirements. In addition to providing environmental data by contract to a range of external stakeholders, the team also contribute to National projects in their work area.
As the Manager of this key team you'll need to demonstrate:
- Sound leadership and management skills;
- An ability to contribute at a strategic level;
- Proven understanding of asset management and quality management systems;
- Excellent relationship management skills, and
- contemporary Health and Safety Management experience.
This is a rare opportunity to lead a successful and passionate group of people who consistently deliver high quality services to their wide ranging audience.
The appropriate level of experience and a relevant tertiary qualification are required.
Click here for detailed job description
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 28 October 2018.
If you are interested in the position please CLICK HERE. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Michele Walls on (04) 931 9448 quoting job number 18731.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Employment Agencies that may have hydrology related positions
- Fusionz - Royal Society of NZ job search service- science & tech vacancies within NZ
- Technical Futures - NZ jobs
- CRS Recruit Ltd. - Engineering and technical recruitment in NZ
- Acorva - Technical Recruitment. New Zealand
- Careerjet.co.nz - NZ jobs
- Environment Jobs - Environment & Water sector, Australia and NZ
- Careerjet.co.nz - NZ jobs
- Rob Law Max Recruitment
- Australian Hydrographers Association - job/careers listing
- KFR Pty Ltd - Australia
- Principal Consulting Group (Australia)
- Water jobs Australia
- Job Top - UK Job Search Engine
- Jobs in Ireland
- New Scientist
- New Civil Engineer
- Water People
- Aquatech Recruitment
- Prospects UK
- Eden Recruitment
- Principal Hydrology
- Fast Stream
- Thomas Telford Recruitment
- The Guardian
- Environment Agency
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Environmental jobs and volunteering UK
- British Hydrological Society
- Water Jobs UK
- Environmental Jobs
Job Listings (2)
National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training
NCGRT PhD Research Opportunities - Expressions of Interest
The National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training (NCGRT) is currently seeking exceptional candidates for a mimited number of PhD research opportunities available throughout Australia Bringing together Australia's top federal and state water management and researc agencise and 12 Australian universtities, the Centre is recognised as Australis's laeding goundwater research and training institution.
We are now recruiting the best minds who are passionate about undertaking a PhD and becoming part of the next generation of groundwater specialists. You will conduct innovative research addressing the most pressing contemporary issues in groundwater science, NCGRT affiliated research, giving you access to the full range of expertise accross tis unique partnership. There are 20+ Groundwater projects.
The closing date for Expressions of Interest has been extended to Thursday 1st September.
Civil Engineer, Stormwater, Christchurch
The Opportunity: Due to on-going growth, we are looking for a stormwater-focused civil engineer to join our Christchurch Water team. Working in a well-respected team of stormwater and water resources specialists, your work will range from catchment planning and options assessment, to detailed design and construction management. Our clients span Canterbury and around New Zealand, across the local government, transportation, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors.
About: You are an intermediate or senior level civil engineer, with 4 – 10 years' sound technical experience. This may include hydrology, hydraulics of pipe and open channel networks, catchment planning, water quality treatment, and flood risk assessment, as well as civil engineering design. You'll take accountability of your work with a track record of on-time and on-budget delivery. You'll be a team player who enjoys working as part of a talented and diverse team. You'll also need to have the ability to build strong relationships with clients, based on understanding their needs as well as maintaining their trust and confidence in our performance, ultimately leading to continuing work and repeat business. Project management or site experience would also be welcomed. You will ideally be chartered or working toward CPEng status.
In addition to this, you will ideally possess the following attributes:
• Ability to communicate positively with clients, management and other staff
• Excellent job delivery skills including experience in work planning and financial management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can review and evaluate your own work for accuracy and the work of others
• The desire to contribute on a range of stormwater, civil and water projects
• Enthusiasm and enjoy working as part of a high performing team
Why Beca? As a valued Beca employee, you will enjoy many benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration and potential for shareholding
• On-going career development including encouragement and support to attain / maintain professional registration (e.g. CPEng)
• The chance to contribute to some of the most interesting and complex water projects across New Zealand and internationally
• The opportunity to be guided by a more experienced colleague through the Beca Mentoring Programme
Apply: People are vital to our business and our clients. Therefore, you can expect a world of opportunity. For a confidential conversation, call Steve Scannell (Recruitment Partner) on 04 901 2394, or simply apply today!
Consultancies who are likely to have hydrology related positions.
- Aqualinc Research Ltd
- GNS Science
- Golder Associates (NZ) Ltd
- Irricon Resource Solutions Ltd
- Lincoln Agritech Ltd
- OPUS International Consultants
- Pattle Delamore Partners Ltd
- Riley Consultants
- Sinclair Knight Merz
- SMEC New Zealand Ltd
- Tonkin and Taylor
- URS New Zealand
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.