At its discretion the Society may list here positions available in New Zealand, positions wanted, and internships wanted in New Zealand. Small listings are free for members and subscribing organisations, larger listings may incur a fee (contact the Society administrator). Below the jobs listing, there is a list of employment agencies (updated October 2012) that have had hydrology related positions available in the past.
When requesting jobs information be advertised, the following details are required:
- Position available or position wanted or internship wanted
- Contact person and contact details
- Location of position
- Closing date if applicable
- Brief description (<50 words)
Email the information to the Society administrator.
Environmental Scientist - Freshwater
Bottom of Form
Gisborne, Gisborne (Tūranga nui a Kiwa), New Zealand
Software Developer - NIWA
NIWA is a dynamic research organisation whose purpose is to enhance the economic value and sustainable management of New Zealand's aquatic resources and environments, to provide understanding of climate and the atmosphere and increase resilience to weather and climate hazards to improve safety and wellbeing of New Zealanders. NIWA is New Zealand's largest and pre-eminent provider of climate, freshwater and marine science. We work at the forefront of some of the most critical environmental issues facing the planet, and our staff of more than 650 are recognised as international experts in their field.
We are seeking an experienced software developer to join our busy hydrology team to contribute to the development of software for data capture, management, analysis and modelling. Our successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification in the area of software development, or in the area of hydrology and a background in scientific research and software development. Ideally you will have at least 2-3 years' work experience in a relevant field, along with excellent programming and data analysis skills and advanced data management abilities. Experience with the development of advanced numerical simulation models and a knowledge of statistical analysis techniques would also be beneficial.
If you are a strong team player with a proactive, problem-solving approach and excellent communication and organisational skills who is looking to work with a group of dedicated professionals in a supportive environment, this could be the job for you.
Employment Agencies that may have hydrology related positions
- Fusionz - Royal Society of NZ job search service- science & tech vacancies within NZ
- Technical Futures - NZ jobs
- CRS Recruit Ltd. - Engineering and technical recruitment in NZ
- Acorva - Technical Recruitment. New Zealand
- Careerjet.co.nz - NZ jobs
- Environment Jobs - Environment & Water sector, Australia and NZ
- Careerjet.co.nz - NZ jobs
- Rob Law Max Recruitment
- Australian Hydrographers Association - job/careers listing
- KFR Pty Ltd - Australia
- Principal Consulting Group (Australia)
- Water jobs Australia
- Job Top - UK Job Search Engine
- Jobs in Ireland
- New Scientist
- New Civil Engineer
- Water People
- Aquatech Recruitment
- Prospects UK
- Eden Recruitment
- Principal Hydrology
- Fast Stream
- Thomas Telford Recruitment
- The Guardian
- Environment Agency
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Environmental jobs and volunteering UK
- British Hydrological Society
- Water Jobs UK
- Environmental Jobs
Job Listings (2)
National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training
NCGRT PhD Research Opportunities - Expressions of Interest
The National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training (NCGRT) is currently seeking exceptional candidates for a mimited number of PhD research opportunities available throughout Australia Bringing together Australia's top federal and state water management and researc agencise and 12 Australian universtities, the Centre is recognised as Australis's laeding goundwater research and training institution.
We are now recruiting the best minds who are passionate about undertaking a PhD and becoming part of the next generation of groundwater specialists. You will conduct innovative research addressing the most pressing contemporary issues in groundwater science, NCGRT affiliated research, giving you access to the full range of expertise accross tis unique partnership. There are 20+ Groundwater projects.
The closing date for Expressions of Interest has been extended to Thursday 1st September.
Civil Engineer, Stormwater, Christchurch
The Opportunity: Due to on-going growth, we are looking for a stormwater-focused civil engineer to join our Christchurch Water team. Working in a well-respected team of stormwater and water resources specialists, your work will range from catchment planning and options assessment, to detailed design and construction management. Our clients span Canterbury and around New Zealand, across the local government, transportation, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors.
About: You are an intermediate or senior level civil engineer, with 4 – 10 years' sound technical experience. This may include hydrology, hydraulics of pipe and open channel networks, catchment planning, water quality treatment, and flood risk assessment, as well as civil engineering design. You'll take accountability of your work with a track record of on-time and on-budget delivery. You'll be a team player who enjoys working as part of a talented and diverse team. You'll also need to have the ability to build strong relationships with clients, based on understanding their needs as well as maintaining their trust and confidence in our performance, ultimately leading to continuing work and repeat business. Project management or site experience would also be welcomed. You will ideally be chartered or working toward CPEng status.
In addition to this, you will ideally possess the following attributes:
• Ability to communicate positively with clients, management and other staff
• Excellent job delivery skills including experience in work planning and financial management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can review and evaluate your own work for accuracy and the work of others
• The desire to contribute on a range of stormwater, civil and water projects
• Enthusiasm and enjoy working as part of a high performing team
Why Beca? As a valued Beca employee, you will enjoy many benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration and potential for shareholding
• On-going career development including encouragement and support to attain / maintain professional registration (e.g. CPEng)
• The chance to contribute to some of the most interesting and complex water projects across New Zealand and internationally
• The opportunity to be guided by a more experienced colleague through the Beca Mentoring Programme
Apply: People are vital to our business and our clients. Therefore, you can expect a world of opportunity. For a confidential conversation, call Steve Scannell (Recruitment Partner) on 04 901 2394, or simply apply today!
Consultancies who are likely to have hydrology related positions.
- Aqualinc Research Ltd
- GNS Science
- Golder Associates (NZ) Ltd
- Irricon Resource Solutions Ltd
- Lincoln Agritech Ltd
- OPUS International Consultants
- Pattle Delamore Partners Ltd
- Riley Consultants
- Sinclair Knight Merz
- SMEC New Zealand Ltd
- Tonkin and Taylor
- URS New Zealand
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.